Charles F. Stanley is the founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered biblically based principles for everyday life.
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon (July-02-2022) In Touch Ministries.
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: Help For Our Healing (June-25-2022) In Touch Ministries.
The human body is a marvelous creation designed to house the Spirit of God. But how should believers respond when their bodies fail to work properly? All too often, Christians react by immediately turning to modern medicine for answers. While there is nothing wrong with using the resources available to us, our trust and hope needs to be firmly placed in the Lord, not doctors or medical treatment.
Dr. Stanley teaches about healing from a biblical perspective. He answers common questions such as:
- Is sickness a result of sin?
- Is it God’s will to heal everyone?
- Where do physicians fit in the Lord’s plan for our healing?
- Can a lost person expect God to hear his prayers for healing?
- Can sickness be profitable in the life of a believer?
Dr. Stanley reveals the Bible’s teaching on how to handle illness. Using James 5:14, he challenges Christians with health concerns to ask church elders ton anoint them with oil and pray for them in the name of the Lord. Dr. Stanley challenges all believers to consider themselves healing agents of the living God, ready and willing to be used by Him to intercede for others.
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: Passing On God's Blessings (June-18-2022) In Touch Ministries. Are you a giver or a taker? In tough economic times, we tend to be selfish with our resources. Dr. Stanley shares with us the truth behind the principle Jesus showed us here on earth, "God blesses us so that we might bless others." Jesus stressed that caring for the needs of others was more important than storing wealth for our own use. Will you freely share the blessings God has given you, trusting Him to provide for all of your needs?
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: The Promise To Heal
It can be difficult for us to believe the Bible’s promises regarding physical healing. Maybe we've been disappointed in the past or misunderstood biblical teaching on the subject. Or perhaps we simply don't believe God will perform miracles today as He did in biblical times.
Dr. Stanley teaches that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Just as physical healing played a significant role in Jesus’ earthly ministry, it is still important to Him today. Dr. Stanley uses personal examples of modern-day miracles and points to numerous biblical passages that emphasize God’s willingness to supply physical restoration.
Dr. Stanley also addresses:
- The role of faith in healing
- The importance of responding correctly to illness in our lives
- How fellow believers should be an integral part of our healing
- How God sometimes uses affliction to capture our attention
- Why we don’t experience healing every time we ask for it
- How to respond when God doesn't answer our prayers for healing
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: How To Claim A Promise (June-4-2022) In Touch Ministries.
Dr. Stanley discusses the "static" we feel in our spirits when we're not in the will of God. Our entire belief system is based on the promises of God, and we can trust God to be faithful to keep them all. However, many people miss out because they neglect Him and don't take hold of the promises God has made to His children.
When we have personal needs God has promised to fulfill, we should remember He will only do so when:
- The context of Scripture allows it.
- Fulfilling His promise honors Him.
- Fulfilling His promise is consistent with His immediate will for our lives.
- Fulfilling His promise is an encouragement to others.
- We willingly walk in obedience to His will.
Also, we can know He will fulfill a promise when:
- The Spirit of God confirms it.
- The peace of God prevails in our minds and spirits.
We ought to respond to the Lord with obedience, faith, and patience. Many people pray right prayers and ask for right things but make mistakes because they are unwilling to wait. God created time and is in control of it. All we must do is trust that He will bring about His plan for our lives in His time.
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: The Fulfillment Of A Promise (May-28-2022) In Touch Ministries
God gives us many wonderful promises in His Word, but we often don't live by them. This leads us to think that God won't answer our prayers, and we doubt His desire to work in our lives. We end up asking for things that are not in His will and have no foundation in Scripture. If we want answers to our prayers, we need to ask God for things that are rooted in His Word.
Dr. Stanley explains how God taught him to trust in His Word and shares the scriptural principles that will also allow us to do so. For example:
- God's promises are stated clearly.
- God's guidance comes with His promises.
- Times for personal meditation and worship strengthen our faith in God's promises.
- Changing course from God's pathway indicates we doubt God's promises.
- God will renew His promises to us if we follow His will.
- Listening to ungodly or unwise counsel can cause us to ignore the promises of God and get out of His will.
- The fulfillment of God's promise may seem impossible when we view it only from our eyes, and it may require an action on our part that seems to be in opposition to His promises.
- The fulfillment of God's promises may require us to sacrifice something dear to us.
The foundation for our requests ought to be found in the promises of God. When we trust in His promises, our prayers will have strength, and we'll find the answers we seek.
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: God's Precious Promises (May-21-2022) In Touch Ministries
What would you think about a person who was very wealthy but always complained about not having enough? Many Christians have the same attitude. They are spiritually wealthy, but don’t act like it and often choose to live as paupers.
Unfortunately, many believers don’t understand their true wealth. In this message, Dr. Stanley shares over 20 rich promises we should remember about our faith including:
- Our reconciliation to God through the death of Christ.
- God’s continued presence in our lives.
- His promise to answer our prayers.
- His promise to never withhold good things from us.
- Our fruitfulness in old age.
- God’s help in time of trouble.
- Our eternal security.
- The promise of heaven as our home.
God’s promises are precious and magnificent because He is the one who made them. He is the God who has the power and ability to keep them, and He never changes. Commit these promises to your heart and trust your Heavenly Father to keep every last one.
Dr. Charles Stanley Watch Saturday sermon: Our God Of Promise (May-14-2022) In Touch Ministries
Our entire Christian life is built on promises, including those for eternal life and resurrection. These promises are either unconditional or conditional. God will fulfill certain promises regardless of the circumstances. Other times, He will do something only if we meet certain conditions.
Dr. Stanley explains why we know God will keep His promises—because He is truthful, faithful, immutable, and loving. Also, we can trust in His ability to keep those promises because our Lord is:
Omniscient: God knows everything about every decision we need to make. He knows what came before and what comes after. His promises to us are based on complete knowledge, so He doesn’t make mistakes.
Omnipresent: God is always with us no matter what’s going on in our lives. He promises to never leave nor forsake us.
Omnipotent: El Shaddai is the Hebrew name for God that means “God Almighty.” He is always in control whether we understand what He is doing or not. Nothing is too difficult for Him.
The only reasons a conditional promise might not be fulfilled is because our requests aren’t in the will of God or sin has gotten in the way. For these promises, God only requires two things from us: obedience and faith. If we follow the Lord and trust Him to keep His word, we will experience the great blessings of His fulfilled promises.
Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: The Characteristics Of A Godly Mother. Dr. Stanley details the many facets of a godly mother as well as describes the lasting impact she can have on her family. Learn how to live the kind of life you’d want for your children.
Charles Stanley - Watch Sermon: Prayer That Moves God.
Prayer is seriously powerful business. So often, though, we treat it as a perfunctory task to be checked off our daily to-do list. How can we shift our attitudes from boredom and obligation to joy and expectation?
The Lord always inclines His ear to His children. Dr. Stanley shares the foundational principles of effective prayer, and encourages us to confidently approach God with our petitions and requests.