Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon (February-16-2019) A Modern Day Samaritan. “Listen carefully—when your heart can't break, you're in trouble,” says Dr. Stanley. Compassion means "to suffer with," and even though that is often uncomfortable, it is central to loving our neighbors the way Jesus illustrated in the parable of the good Samaritan. In this message, Dr. Stanley encourages us to serve the suffering among us by embracing the pain of others and bringing healing through compassion.
Charles Frazier Stanley (born September 25, 1932) is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries and also served two one-year terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He has an evangelical and dispensationalist theology. Charles Frazier Stanley was born on September 25, 1932, in Dry Fork, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, just nine months before his father, Charley, died. Stanley grew up in rur...
Latest from Charles Stanley
- The Patience of God - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (August-18-2019)
- Charles Stanley-God's Word gives wisdom (August-18-2019)
- Trouble and Transformation - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (August17-2019)
- Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon August-17-2019 - Facing a Satanic Attack
- God Speaks Most Through THIS – Charles Stanley (August-16-2019)