Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon: The Battle For Self-control (June-15-2019) In Touch Ministries. Picture a tug-of-war contest. Two sides struggle against each other, straining to gain control. Can both sides win? Of course not—that’s the nature of the game. In this message, Dr. Stanley sheds light on the internal conflict each of us must face: the battle between obeying God or indulging our flesh. It’s a high-stakes struggle with only one winner. But as children of God we're not left on our own—with the Holy Spirit on our side, we’re each equipped with self-control. Learn how this fruit of the Spirit tips the scales in your favor.
Charles Frazier Stanley (born September 25, 1932) is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries and also served two one-year terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He has an evangelical and dispensationalist theology. Charles Frazier Stanley was born on September 25, 1932, in Dry Fork, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, just nine months before his father, Charley, died. Stanley grew up in rur...
Latest from Charles Stanley
- Making Wise Decisions – Charles Stanley (July-15-2019)
- When We Cry Out to God - Daily Devotion - Charles Stanley (July-15-2019)
- Wavering Faith – Charles Stanley (July-14-2019)
- You Are Forgiven - Charles Stanley (July-13-2019)
- Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon July-13-2019 - Count Your Blessings