Dr. Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon (March-21-2020) Seeking Godly Counsel - In Touch Ministries. “But he forsook the counsel of the elders” (1 Kings 12:8). That is not the beginning of a story that ends well. Ignoring the advice of godly people never leads anywhere good. In this message, Dr. Stanley tells us how to avoid bad counsel, listing its hallmarks and encouraging us to seek the Lord first in all things. No one is called to go it alone in their walk with the Lord—but be careful who invite along.
Leave a comment
Charles Frazier Stanley (born September 25, 1932) is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries and also served two one-year terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He has an evangelical and dispensationalist theology. Charles Frazier Stanley was born on September 25, 1932, in Dry Fork, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, just nine months bef ...
Latest from Charles Stanley
- Inheriting God’s Promises - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (October-21-2020)
- Charles Stanley- A HEART FOR GOD- A VISION FOR THE WORLD (October-20-2020)
- God’s Encouragement in Tough Times - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (October-20-2020)
- How To Study The Bible Charles Stanley (October-19-2020)
- When the Odds Are Against You - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (October-19-2020)