Charles Stanley (January-28-2020) Daily Devotion: Setting Goals to Achieve God’s Plan.
God has a purpose for our life, but we need goals to help us stay on track (Eph. 2:10). In Genesis 24, Abraham’s trusted servant demonstrated this well. He knew his goal, kept confidence, made a plan, and set a timeline. We should follow his example. Once we know the direction God wants us to take, we must:
• Have a picture of the goal. A defined mission helps us weigh the opportunities God presents.
• Be confident that we can succeed through Christ. We are to look at the future in light of God’s presence within us, His inexhaustible resources, and His promises (Phil. 4:19; 2 Corinthians 1:20).
• Desire to accomplish God’s plan. His sacrificial, unending love motivates us to stay on the path He has set for us (1 John 4:9-11).
• Set a course of action. Try breaking a large goal into smaller tasks, and cover each step with prayer that earnestly seeks instruction from God.
• Set a timeline. Deadlines help propel us forward, and they can be adjusted as circumstances change.
Are you moving step-by-step toward God’s purpose for you? If you’re unsure what that looks like, ask for divine wisdom and guidance.