Encouraging Ourselves - Charles Stanley (July-01-2020). With all of this uncertainty surrounding the current state of the world, it’s easy to feel like everything is spinning out of control. You’re not alone in that feeling. In part 3 of the "Encouragement" series, Dr. Stanley directs our attention on a tough predicament in King David’s life. His family had been abducted, and his army had turned on him. But David didn’t give into feelings of despair and hopelessness. First Samuel Chapter 30 is the setting for a lesson on encouraging ourselves.
Leave a comment
Charles Frazier Stanley (born September 25, 1932) is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries and also served two one-year terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He has an evangelical and dispensationalist theology. Charles Frazier Stanley was born on September 25, 1932, in Dry Fork, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, just nine months bef ...
Latest from Charles Stanley
- Using Spiritual Gifts – Charles Stanley Daily Devotional (August-06-2020)
- Will God grant me my heart's desire? (Ask Dr. Stanley) (August-05-2020)
- The Holy Spirit’s Gifts - Charles Stanley Daily Devotional (August-05-2020)
- THE STRUGGLE WITH UNFORGIVENESS (Part 1)- Dr. Charles Stanley (August-04-2020)
- Living in God’s Favor - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (August-04-2020)