Sermon of Dr. Charles Stanley (June-09-2018) Absent From The Party. While the Prodigal Son partied in a distant land, his older brother toiled in the backyard. But don't be fooled--turns out you don't have to leave home to rebel. In this message, Dr. Stanley takes a closer look at the second half of the parable of the lost son, examining the self-righteous attitude of his older brother. Though he has the appearance of a devoted son, in reality the older brother's heart is full of entitlement, bitterness, and jealousy. Don't let self-righteousness poison your relationship with God or His children. Find the cure that releases you to join the celebration.
Sermon of Dr. Charles Stanley - Absent From The Party (June-09-2018)
Leave a comment
Charles Frazier Stanley (born September 25, 1932) is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries and also served two one-year terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He has an evangelical and dispensationalist theology. Charles Frazier Stanley was born on September 25, 1932, in Dry Fork, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, just nine months bef ...
Latest from Charles Stanley
- God Is Trustworthy - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (October-24-2020)
- The Rocky Road to the Will of God - Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon October-24-2020
- Praying With Authority - Charles Stanley Sermon (October-23-2020)
- Judgment Day for Believers - Charles Stanley Daily Devotion (October-23-2020)
- STRONG FRIENDSHIPS - PARTS 1 - DR CHARLES STANLEY (October-22-2020)