Sermon of Dr. Charles Stanley (June-29-2018) Standing on Your Convictions. The United States of America has gone from being one nation under God, to one nation over God. How did we get here, so far from being a country that reflects His kingdom in our culture and policies? In this message, Dr. Stanley dissects what it means for a nation to honor God and the consequences that follow failure. No matter what country you call home, as a Christian our primary citizenship is in heaven, and as such we must learn to act according to our convictions. Standing firm isn't always easy, especially in such challenging times, but the people of God are to be salt and light in every nation on earth. Learn to be a faithful witness amidst the pressure to conform to the patterns of a fallen world.
Charles Frazier Stanley (born September 25, 1932) is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries and also served two one-year terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He has an evangelical and dispensationalist theology. Charles Frazier Stanley was born on September 25, 1932, in Dry Fork, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, just nine months before his father, Charley, died. Stanley grew up in rur...
Latest from Charles Stanley
- How can I be sure of my calling? - Ask Charles Stanley (June-24-2019)
- Why does God allow evil, pain, and suffering? - Ask Charles Stanley (June-23-2019)
- Charles Stanley Weekly Saturday sermon June-22-2019 - Walking In God's Plan
- When Opportunities Appear – Dr. Charles Stanley (June-19-2019)
- A Strong Life ft. Andy Stanley – Dr. Charles Stanley