The Heart of God - Joel Osteen Daily Devotion (August-08-2022)

Sunday, 07 August 2022 23:19

Joel Osteen (August-08-2022) Daily Devotion: The Heart of God.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27, NIV

TODAY'S WORD: In Luke 10, Jesus told a parable about a priest who didn’t stop to help an injured man. After all, he might get his white robe “unclean” and have it interfere with his religious duties. He had all kinds of excuses. But true religion gets dirty. True religion doesn’t hide behind stained glass or fancy clothes. It goes to where the needs are.

When you get down low to lift somebody up, in God’s eyes, you can’t get any higher. The closest thing to the heart of God is helping hurting people. Don’t be a passerby who’s too busy in your career. Don’t just be someone who feels sorry for others. God is counting on us. When you take time to restore the broken, encourage them, wipe away their tears, let them know that there are new beginnings—that’s the religion Jesus talked about. True religion doesn’t judge people to see if they deserve our help.

PRAYER FOR TODAY: “Father, thank You that Your heart is to help hurting people. Help me to have Your heart and not be so busy that I don’t stop to help others. I want to encourage others, to offer them my help, to speak a kind word, and to lift them up when they are hurting. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Subscribe and Get Sermons and Daily Devotions by Joel Osteen DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!

If You Have a Viber - Join Our Community!
Sermons & Daily Devotions by Joel Osteen

The Heart of God - Joel Osteen Daily Devotion (August-08-2022)

• Comment Link Jan Joyce Monday, 08 August 2022 11:03 posted by Jan Joyce

Yes, we wish that President Donald Trump was still our President. We totally trusted the decisions he made, and his actions that followed. He is a man of his word. He keeps his commitments, and truly loves America.

• Comment Link Roberta Powers Sunday, 08 August 2021 10:13 posted by Roberta Powers

Thank u god I will not leave u and I hope u stay with so that u can show me our way k love u god thank u god 🙏🙌 amen

• Comment Link Jehu Lovely Warning Sunday, 08 August 2021 03:44 posted by Jehu Lovely Warning

Good morning sir, I'm from Liberia west Africa, and I'm in the military in my country.
    I came across one of your book titles name; (Your Best Life Now). 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential.
    This book change me to understand my value. I want to know God More and more, I need a prayer and a touch from the Lord.

• Comment Link Miguel andino Tuesday, 11 August 2020 13:05 posted by Miguel andino

Amen!

• Comment Link Margarita Tuesday, 11 August 2020 06:57 posted by Margarita

Good morning l Need healing in my body please thank you

• Comment Link Margarita Tuesday, 11 August 2020 06:57 posted by Margarita

Good morning l Need healing in my body please thank you

• Comment Link Linda Gillan-Osborne Sunday, 09 August 2020 07:51 posted by Linda Gillan-Osborne

I have watched this sermons before but needed to see it again. I made a connection today that I believe will take me forward to greater success in making a difference in people's lives. I needed to be reminded that God is the source and He is at work in my life and made this connection happen. Thank you.

Joel Osteen

Joel Osteen Ministries

Joel Osteen is a preacher who gives inspiration!

And that’s true, he is positive, his sermons are positive, his ministry is positive. The parishioners of his church are very successful people, as a result! How does he inspire millions of people around the world? Let's find out!

Joel Austen began preaching in 1999, but his ministry began long before: in 1982, Osteen, left his stu ...

© 2014 - 2022 Sermons Online. All Rights Reserved.