Jonah 2:1-2 - John Hagee Daily Devotional (January-13-2021)

Wednesday, 13 January 2021 01:00

John Hagee (January-13-2021) Daily Devotional: Jonah 2:1-2 - I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction, And He answered me. Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, And You heard my voice.

Many people say that Jonah was the wayward prophet, but he wasn’t wayward; he was stubborn. God spoke to him specifically that he was to go to Nineveh and tell the people to repent. But Jonah was so prejudiced against the people of Nineveh that he said, “God, I’d rather die than do that,” and so he bought a ticket to a boat going the opposite direction. Some people would say that the ensuing storm that God sent was His judgment on Jonah, but the storm was actually God’s grace. Sometimes difficult times are God’s way of getting our attention, and Jonah knew why it was happening. But even then Jonah did not fall on his knees and say, “Lord, forgive me. Make the weather better, and we’ll turn the boat around.” He was so stubborn that he preferred being thrown overboard. Now that’s hardheaded!

Some people also mistakenly say that Jonah’s being swallowed by a big fish was God’s judgment rather than His grace. But in His mercy, God waited three days for Jonah to finally say, “I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed.” That was all of grace and miracle-working power. Don’t mistake trouble for judgment when it’s really God’s grace.

Today's Blessing:  Now may the Lord bless you and may the Lord keep you, and may the Lord make His face to shine upon you, and may the Lord be gracious unto you and give you His peace. May the Lord help you conquer every emotion in your life that keeps you from reaching your divine potential. For in His grace, He will give you the desires of your heart if you will submit yourself, heart, soul, mind and body, unto Him. Be blessed with the knowledge that nothing is impossible for you as long as Jesus is guiding you as the Lord of your life, in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today's Bible Reading:

• Old Testament - Genesis 28:1-29:35
  • New Testament - Matthew 9:18-38
  • Psalms & Proverbs - Psalm 11:1-7, Proverbs 3:11-12

Subscribe and Get Sermons and Live Streams by John & Matt Hagee DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!

Jonah 2:1-2 - John Hagee Daily Devotional (January-13-2021)

• Comment Link Regina Tuesday, 19 January 2021 07:26 posted by Regina

You sent me something yesterday and asked if i needed prayer for me or someone I put my daugther down for prayer I get alot of false people and they use same photo I would like to know if it is really you and your son,God Bless you.

• Comment Link Regina Tuesday, 19 January 2021 07:20 posted by Regina

• Comment Link Regina Tuesday, 19 January 2021 07:20 posted by Regina

• Comment Link Regina Tuesday, 19 January 2021 07:15 posted by Regina

• Comment Link Regina Tuesday, 19 January 2021 07:14 posted by Regina

John Hagee

John Charles Hagee has served the Lord as a minister of the gospel for over 63 years. He is a fifth-generation pastor and the 47th descendent of his family to serve in the ministry since they immigrated to America in the mid-1700’s. Pastor Hagee is the founder and Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, a non-denominational evangelical church with more than 22,000 active members.
John Charles Hagee has served the Lord a ...

© 2014 - 2022 Sermons Online. All Rights Reserved.