Don’t Confuse Faith with Emotions - Joseph Prince Daily Devotional (April-11-2022)

Sunday, 10 April 2022 23:18

Joseph Prince (April-11-2022) Daily Devotional: Don’t Confuse Faith with Emotions

For we walk by faith, not by sight. - 2 Corinthians 5:7

Some years ago, the wife of one of my key leaders was diagnosed with a cyst in her womb that the doctors said had to be removed by surgery. She was told they might even have to remove her whole womb. Of course, this couple was very affected by the news. I met with them to pray with them and to partake of the holy Communion.

Honestly, I didn’t feel any faith when I prayed for them. In fact, I felt quite helpless. But I heard the Lord telling me to rest. I heard Him telling me not to even try to use faith and to simply rest in His faith. So I simply said, “Growth, I curse you to your roots in Jesus’ name. Be plucked out by your roots and be thrown into the sea.” At the same time, I also prayed the Lord would cause her youth to be renewed like the eagle’s.

A few days later, she had a final scan before her surgery. And guess what? Her gynecologist said the whole growth had simply disappeared and that it was a miracle! But the Lord didn’t stop there. Her monthly period had actually stopped for some time, but soon after I prayed for her, it returned. The Lord had renewed her womb and her youth. Hallelujah!

I felt no faith when I prayed for her, but her healing was not dependent on what I felt about my faith. Don’t look at your own faith and think, I don’t have enough faith for the breakthrough I need. Faith is nothing more than looking to Jesus.

There were only two individuals in the Gospels whom Jesus described as having “great faith”: the centurion who believed Jesus only had to speak a word and his servant at home would be healed (Matt. 8:5–13) and the Syro-Phoenician woman to whom Jesus said, “O woman, great is your faith!” (Matt. 15:21–28).

And neither of them was conscious of their own faith.

Do you want to know what they were conscious of? They were conscious of Jesus. They saw Him as the One who was faithful and powerful. They had a great estimation of His grace and goodness. And as they saw Him in His grace, He saw them in their faith!

Don’t worry about whether or not you have enough faith. Just look to Jesus. Spend time in His presence. Watch or listen to sermons that are full of Jesus. When you touch Jesus, you touch faith because He is the author and finisher of faith (Heb. 12:2). The Bible declares He is faithful, and He will not allow you to go through more than what you can bear (1 Cor. 10:13). He will carry you through.

Subscribe and Get Sermons and Daily Devotions by Joseph Prince DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!

• Comment Link Patrick Mamabolo Tuesday, 12 April 2022 03:04 posted by Patrick Mamabolo

Good Day My Pastor Prince!
    Thank you for your faithfulness in Preaching Christ our 'kinsmen redeemer';
    When will you open Grace Based Bible College online? We have our lives transformed by your ministry, and it would be helpful to get some systematic teachings and some resources that will help us to remain steadfast in preaching the new covenant without mixing it. I am saying this because I have not yet met a bible teaching college that does not mix, and will appreciate one that you know, and recommend for me.

Are you also willing to share the resources that you refer from, especially Hebrew and Greek transliteration / dictionary that you can recommend for one to investigate etymologies of some words, like I see you helping so much in your messages.
    Long Live Grace Revolution, Long Live!!

• Comment Link Rogers Baraza Monday, 11 April 2022 04:33 posted by Rogers Baraza

Thanks for the educational text,I'm really encouraged for many times when we pray and things don't happen people tend to blame our faith.I have known we shall rest in Jesus Faith.

• Comment Link Kavitha Monday, 11 April 2022 00:57 posted by Kavitha

Pastor Prince your messages are giving energy to my soul. Great revelations are shared.

• Comment Link KAKWEZI MILTON Tuesday, 25 May 2021 17:30 posted by KAKWEZI MILTON

Thank you Pastor Joseph prince for my daily devotions.

• Comment Link Valerie Sunday, 11 April 2021 22:08 posted by Valerie

Thank you Pastor Prince for this simple, inspiring message. It will strengthen my resolve to stand on the WORD.

Joseph Prince

Joseph Prince (born 15 May 1963, Singapore) is the senior pastor of New Creation Church in Singapore, one of Asia's biggest churches. He was one of the church's founders in 1983.

Joseph Prince, the son of a Sikh priest of Indian origin and a Chinese mother, spent his primary school years in Perak, Malaysia.

Prince changed his birth name to Joseph Prince during his previous occupation as an IT consultant.

Prince has been ...

© 2014 - 2022 Sermons Online. All Rights Reserved.