Friday, 18 September 2020 23:54

QUENCH THE ENEMY’S FIERY DARTS - Joseph Prince Daily Devotion (September-19-2020).  Ephesians 6:16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

"I believe that when you pray in the Spirit, that is, in tongues, a shield goes up all around you—a watery shield. But why do I call it a “watery” shield? Let me share with you what the Lord showed me.

Once, I was meditating on Ephesians 6:16—“above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.” At first, I thought of a Roman soldier’s wooden shield. But three words kept repeating themselves in my mind: “quench” and “fiery darts.” Then, the Lord said, “Son, if it is a wooden shield, the fiery darts will burn it up.” He showed me a  watery shield instead, one which was able to quench the fiery darts.

You may ask, “Where did the water come from?” Remember that Jesus said, “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38). The next verse says, “But this He spoke concerning the Spirit...” (John 7:39). Jesus was speaking about the Holy Spirit, which He likened to rivers of living water flowing out of us. So when we pray in the Spirit, rivers of living water will flow, quenching the devil’s fiery darts thrown at us!

This happened one day when I was having supper with a church member. Now, I don’t often pray in tongues when I say grace over my food. But that night, I felt prompted by the Spirit to do so. So I prayed in tongues as I laid my hands on my packet of nasi lemak (coconut-flavored rice).

Soon, we were tucking into our food and talking when suddenly, I bit on something hard. I spat it out quickly and realized that it was a nail! Then, I realized that this was the reason the Lord wanted me to pray in tongues. Though the devil was trying to “nail” me, he failed!

My friend, put up the watery shield that God has given you. Pray in the Spirit and quench the enemy’s fiery darts!"

Subscribe and Get Sermons and Daily Devotions by Joseph Prince DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!

• Comment Link Ana Cecilia Barragan Martinez Saturday, 19 September 2020 09:09 posted by Ana Cecilia Barragan Martinez

Thank you, thank you for everyone of your teachings. All of them are a blessing. I can only bless you, your dearest family and your Ministry. Amen!

• Comment Link Ana Cecilia Barragan Martinez Saturday, 19 September 2020 08:36 posted by Ana Cecilia Barragan Martinez

Pastor Prince I am so grateful for your dedication, your words of encouragement , for every abundant words, explaining us more and more everything you receive from the Lord. And especially in these last days where so many bad things are happening in our country. Thank you for explaining us all the power of praying in the Spirit. I am partaking of the Holy Communion three times a day. My headache has completely gone and after 3 years when I was diagnosed with cancer but no test could prove that, only that my defenses were low, but know the last blood tests came out perfect. By the way during these three years nothing happened to my hair, not even one hair fall. My nails grow exceedingly and my weight has been established. And the Lord answer my prayer. That the blood exams showed everything was all right so the doctors would not send quimiotheraphy. The doctor said it was for prevention because in all the X-rays nothing appeared. Thank You, Lord Jesus, by Your stripes I am completely healed, whole and even though I am 89 years old, nothing hurts and all the glory, honor and gratitude is to our Dear Lord.

• Comment Link Ritastella Joseph Saturday, 19 September 2020 06:28 posted by Ritastella Joseph

Shalom praise the lord Amen

Shalom praise the lord Amen

Shalom praise the lord Amen

• Comment Link Richard Litzan Saturday, 19 September 2020 06:15 posted by Richard Litzan

So simple, but very profound in the wisdom of God.

• Comment Link Richard Litzan Saturday, 19 September 2020 06:13 posted by Richard Litzan

So simple, but very profound in the wisdom of God.

Joseph Prince

Joseph Prince (born 15 May 1963, Singapore) is the senior pastor of New Creation Church in Singapore, one of Asia's biggest churches. He was one of the church's founders in 1983.

Joseph Prince, the son of a Sikh priest of Indian origin and a Chinese mother, spent his primary school years in Perak, Malaysia.

Prince changed his birth name to Joseph Prince during his previous occupation as an IT consultant.

Prince has been ...