Set Apart for Life and Health - Joseph Prince Daily Devotional (February-27-2021)

Saturday, 27 February 2021 00:21

Joseph Prince (February-27-2021) Daily Devotional: Set Apart for Life and Health

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9 NIV

Some people are thrown off by the word holy when we talk about the holy Communion. To them, it feels antiquated and maybe even irrelevant. But did you know that to be “holy” simply means to be “set apart for God” and to be uncommon?

This speaks of the special nature of the Communion. Every time you partake of the holy Communion, you are allowing the Lord to set you apart from the world, and allowing Him to have a private time of intimacy and communion with you! Look at what God did for the children of Israel when the plagues came upon the land of Egypt. He declared:

“And in that day I will set apart the land of Goshen, in which My people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall be there, in order that you may know that I am the LORD in the midst of the land. I will make a difference between My people and your people.” —Exodus 8:22–23

In the same way, when you have divine insights on the power and significance of the holy Communion, the Lord Himself sets you apart and makes a difference between you and the people of the world. That means you are not like the people of the world.

That means it may be common for the people of the world to catch the “common flu,” or common for people in a particular age demographic to experience certain symptoms or to develop certain conditions. But you don’t have to accept any “common” ailments because God has set you apart to be uncommon.

In a world that is decaying and dying of illness, He has paid the price for you to be uncommonly healthy, whole, and healed. While the rest of the world can weaken with age, the Bible declares that “as your days, so shall your strength be” (Deut. 33:25), and that even as you advance in age, you can return to the days of your youth (Job 33:25).

I pray that over you right now: as your days increase, may your strength and your health also increase, and may the Lord return the days of your youth to you, and cause your flesh to be young like a child’s. Amen!

Subscribe and Get Sermons and Daily Devotions by Joseph Prince DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!

• Comment Link Keiana Tuesday, 02 March 2021 16:26 posted by Keiana

Thanks pastor Prince for your word of encouragement. God is my healer. God bless.
    Please pray for healing on me.

• Comment Link Keiana Tuesday, 02 March 2021 16:25 posted by Keiana

Please pray for healing on me.

• Comment Link Keiana Tuesday, 02 March 2021 16:25 posted by Keiana

Please pray for healing on me.

• Comment Link Rachel Sunday, 28 February 2021 09:37 posted by Rachel

Man of the most High God may please pray for me to overcome fear and anxiety attacks 🙏

• Comment Link Emily Heald Saturday, 27 February 2021 12:04 posted by Emily Heald

I would like to order the book “Life & Health” and Joseph Prince your book on healing. Let me know how I can get it. Thank you. I just ordered the book on communion but would like a book on healing now.

• Comment Link Emily Heald Saturday, 27 February 2021 12:03 posted by Emily Heald

I would like to order the book “Life & Health” and Joseph Prince your book on healing. Let me know how I can get it. Thank you. I just ordered the book but would like a book on healing now.

• Comment Link Emily Heald Saturday, 27 February 2021 11:51 posted by Emily Heald

• Comment Link Cecelia Thornton Saturday, 27 February 2021 08:21 posted by Cecelia Thornton

Good listening

Joseph Prince

Joseph Prince (born 15 May 1963, Singapore) is the senior pastor of New Creation Church in Singapore, one of Asia's biggest churches. He was one of the church's founders in 1983.

Joseph Prince, the son of a Sikh priest of Indian origin and a Chinese mother, spent his primary school years in Perak, Malaysia.

Prince changed his birth name to Joseph Prince during his previous occupation as an IT consultant.

Prince has been ...