Keeping God in First Place - Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional (September-19-2021)

Saturday, 18 September 2021 23:25

Joyce Meyer (September-19-2021) Daily Devotional: Keeping God in First Place.

We can make an idol out of just about anything or anyone. It could be a spouse, a child, a good friend, something you own, your home, or your career. When anything becomes more important to us than God, who always deserves first place in our lives, we must aggressively deal with it; we must put it back where it belongs.

For example, if it happens to be your career, you would be better off to change careers if keeping the one you have means it takes you away from God.

Maybe it’s a person, or even that person’s good opinion of you that you strive for and think about far too much. Absolutely no one or nothing should ever push God out of first place in your life.

Keep in mind that one day everything on this earth will pass away, so don’t spend your life worshipping something that is always in the process of turning to dust! God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, and He must also be everything in between.

Prayer Starter: I will not allow anything to take first place in my life other than God, and I will make any change necessary to be sure that is where He always stays. In the name of Jesus, amen!

Subscribe and Get Sermons and Daily Devotions by Joyce Meyer DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!

If You Have a Viber - Join Our Community!
Sermons & Daily Devotions by Joyce Meyer

Keeping God in First Place - Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional (September-19-2021)

• Comment Link georgia burgess Sunday, 19 September 2021 08:51 posted by georgia burgess

hi pastor joyce my name is georgia burgess i just want to say thank you. you have inspired me so much. i have bein going through some thing in my life . i prayed but it just get harder the devil tried every way to keep me back in my walk with chirst sometimes i feel faraway from the lord . but i start focusing on your sermons and i start a new way of life by putting god first in what ever i do. thank you once again

• Comment Link georgia burgess Sunday, 19 September 2021 08:50 posted by georgia burgess

Joyce Meyer

Joyce Meyer - is a popular Christian preacher, minister, Bible teacher and author of about God, Bible and Christianity.

Joyce Meyer was born in 1943 in St. Louis in the USA. The early years of Joyce Meyer's life were very dramatic:

• according to her, ...