Displaying Christian Sermons by tag: David Oyedepo Jnr
DAVID OYEDEPO JNR - Watch Message: MANIFESTING THE TRUE LIGHT
One of the striking statements made in the Scripture is that darkness is disappearing and true light is not shining. 1 John 2:8
We are not expected to be recipients of this light alone but reflectors of this light – Jn. 1:9
What is the evidence of the true light in the life of any believer?
Love is the greatest manifestation of the True Light in our lives – 1 Jn. 2:9-10
What is the Love Factor?
1. It is the evidence of the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit – Rom. 5:5
2. It is the manifestation of divine nature in us – 1 Jn. 4:7-8
3. It is the evidence of living faith – Gal. 5:6
DAVID OYEDEPO JNR (October-14-2020) QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION ON THE BOOK OF PHILIPPIANS.
To the glory of God, we have covered the entire book of Philippians at the School of Tyrannus with so many powerful lessons taught.
Tonight, we are addressing some questions from this class. I trust that this session will refresh you and fill any gaps in our knowledge. Please take time to go over the various lessons to strengthen your understanding on the various subjects covered.
DAVID OYEDEPO JNR - Sermon: WEALTH: GOD'S WAY.
- While God expects us to live a life of contentment, material possessions are part of His provision for us to enjoy – 1 Tim. 6:6; 1 Tim. 6:17
- We have a duty as believers to be standard bearers for godly wealth in our generation - Is. 62:10
- Therefore, there must be something distinctively different about our pathway to wealth - Pro. 14:12
WHAT IS God's way to wealth?
1. Liberality – Phil. 4:14-15
2. Consistency – Phil. 4:16
3. Focus on Christ– Phil. 4:19
DAVID OYEDEPO JNR - ATTAINING SPIRITUAL MATURITY.
The Christian experience commenced with the new birth – Jn. 3:3/6
But this emergence is expected to culminate in growth and development – 1 Pet. 2:2
Therefore, the adventure of the believer must not stop at redemption – Heb. 6:1
While physically, one’s body grows and then begins to degrade, yet the spirit man must keep being renewed and developed day by day – 2 Cor. 4:16
Therefore, growth is expected to be a responsibility that each one believer takes!
Walking in the light is the foundation of spiritual maturity – Heb. 5:12/ Ps. 119:105
How do you attain Spiritual Maturity?
1. Through the knowledge of Christ – Phil. 3:10
2. Through the knowledge of His power – Phil. 3:10
3. Through the knowledge of His passion – Phil. 3:10
The dimensions of His passion
a. Passion for righteousness – Heb. 5:8/ 12:3-4/ 1 Thes. 4:3
b. Passion for the rescue of the lost – Matt. 1:21/ 2 Cor. 5:18-20
c. Passion for His church/people – Heb. 4:15/ Gal. 6:10